Monday, March 3, 2014

Fresh Week

The Homily over the weekend, which I heard first on Saturday at 5:15 and then Sunday at 8:30, was about letting go and not worrying about what you cannot control in life. Deacon Montgomery cited the full version of the serenity prayer, which is this:

God, give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.

So, with that in mind, this is a new week and I fully intend to take advantage of it.
  • Monday
    • We don't have anything planned, as a family, so my plans are to:
      • practice set 2 for Uncle Rico the Band rehearsal tomorrow night @ 6 in Cedar Rapids
      • work on the CD reconversion, which as of this morning, is at 27858.
      • watch WWE
      • go to bed @ 10 when WWE is over
  • Tuesday
    • Uncle Rico the Band rehearsal @ 6 in Cedar Rapids
  • Wednesdsay
    • Ash Wednesday Mass @ 6 PM
  • Thursday
    • We don't have anything planned, as a family, so my plans are to:
      • work on the CD reconversion
      • go to bed @ 10
  • Friday
    • The Knights of Columbus are having a fish fry and we discussed possibly going to that.
  • Saturday
    • Bayside is playing in Chicago, but I'm not going.
  • Sunday
    • Megan has an IAMB meeting at Coe College at 2:30.

No comments: