Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Progress on the Conversion

It's kind of funny. I just finished converting my 15th spindle of CDs - roughly, 100 CDs each spindle so ~1500 CDs. I don't feel like I'm making progress. Maybe I need to lower my expectations. I think I wrote about plotting out a schedule for converting my CDs before so I'll try to not write the same text in a different way here but, to summarize, I had started with 26 spindles. I plotted out a spindle per week and that took me to finishing those 26 spindles on May 31st. The schedule specifies that on June 1, 2014, I begin converting the CDs I purchased in November 2013 in Indianapolis when we went there for NCYC. However, since I set up that schedule, I pulled 200 CDs from cardboard sleeves that I had received as promos from record companies and put them on two spindles. I did that because I thought it would be easier to replace the motor movement of taking a CD out of the sleeve and putting it in the CD drive with taking the CD off of a spindle. Maybe it will be, maybe not. I will then spend June and July 2014 converting the CDs from Indy.

I will say it is going to be a long project to convert my CDs to MP3. I like this project.

No comments: