Sunday, March 23, 2014

Progress

I have CDs from 3 different piles whirling as the music on the CD is converted to MP3 and then, at some point, those files get added to my music_shell folder which will then be tallied by a DOS batch file when I run it at the end of the day.

I was making awesome progress on the Life CDs, but then I moved the files to a different location and that wiped out what I had thought I had done as far as grouping them by "album name" in the directory structure so now, unfortunately, I'm starting over.

I'm also starting over with the VHS / video camera conversion to digital. I have just realized I don't have the software I thought I had installed anymore and, unfortunately, I don't know exactly where the install CD for the software is located. I had installed it on the external hard drive that is now, unfortunately, long dead. Hmm.

And, then, I find it. I really need to finish this post because too much time has passed since I started it.

No comments: