Sunday, March 30, 2014

Too Fast for Love

There was no time to do what I love this weekend, or so it seemed, because now, on Sunday night, it seems like I'm only now getting to work on trying to reassemble my music conversion on a share drive on the My Cloud drive, if that makes any sense whatsoever. It turns out that there are at least some files from the conversion on the My Cloud and what I'm doing now is trying to consolidate from different shares to a single share so I can take stock as to what I have and what I do not have until the dock for the Toshiba 2 TB external hard drive arrives. It's been ordered and it is due to arrive this week.

It's very intimidating for me to try to get the hard drive out of the black plastic case. I've timidly used a screwdriver but, unfortunately, I'm petrified that I will accidentally break something and end up with a total loss, which would be devastating. I am about 50/50 that by this time next week, I will have all of the files on that drive on a share on the My Cloud drive. Things are going to have to fall into place nicely.

Because of all of this, I can't update the page to say how the reconversion is going because I can't access the drive that has all my files. That's what is at stake so I'm hoping that my luck holds out.

I went with Alex to Dad's on Saturday and we got Grandma's China cabinet loaded into the van and transported, safely and without incident, to the sitting room in our house. At night, I watched the neighbor kid, Aaron, while his parents went to a symphony concert.

Today, we went to 11 AM Mass (I didn't play drums) and then cleaned the garage. Later, we went to a STM musician appreciation dinner and then came home. It's 8:30 PM now and I'd like to wrap up this blog post soon because I would like to go to bed fairly soon.

No comments: