Thursday, March 27, 2014

Suggested Reading

I'm going to go see the Lamb of God documentary "As the Palace Burns" but wanted to share a few thoughts first.

I like reading the metal sucks website as I think the opinions are often not sugar-coated with unworthy band promotion. In particular, the article about how there will never be another band as big as Metallica makes a lot of good points. The author breaks down 5 reasons that, well, make sense.  http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/03/20/will-never-another-metal-band-big-metallica/

The author also wrote this article, about Pop Evil, and how http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/01/09/pop-evil-crap-still-popular-2014/ it is surprising to the author that a band like Pop Evil is popular. I'm *not* the biggest Pop Evil fan in the world. I'm really not. But personally, I really like this song:



And I like this song even more than "Trenches", especially because it makes me think about Alice in Chains with the guitar riff and tom hits. I think the vocals are good.



So that's my take on it. I like hard rock and my litmus test is whether I tap my foot and smile when I hear it. If I do, I like it. It's really pretty simple, if you think about it.

No comments: