Friday, December 12, 2014

Redesign the Den

Sometimes, I envision a cool desk like this in the den but then, because I am aware of my weaknesses, I realize that all those little shelves within the cabinet would soon be full of stuff I probably don't even need. On the Iowa City Craigslist, this desk is listed at $75.



Then I think about the polar opposite of the above desks and think about a modern desk like the one below. On the Iowa City Craigslist, this desk is listed at $190.




While either desk would be a great Christmas present, ultimately, I won't end up with either desk. Knowing the way things go in my life, purchasing the desk would lead to a repainting of the den project and that is something, with all that is going on in life at the moment, is not a project I am willing to even risk needing to undertake. Besides, Megan has been talking for years, literally, about painting her room. I don't like to paint, even if I am the one that cleans the brushes and only paints the inside of closets. That project isn't even in the budget at the moment.

Neither is attending Monday Night Raw at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines on Monday, March 16th.

No comments: