Monday, December 1, 2014

It's been a Year

A year ago, I began reconverting my CD collection with the stated goal of being complete by today. In some regards, I am done, but in other regards, I am not. It's not as confusing as it sounds. Writing "I am done with the CD reconversion" requires some large asterisks to further explain the project's status a year later.

First, as my standard MO, I ran the MS-DOS batch file this AM. It tells me that my total music collection sits at 72187 files. Of those files, I'm aware of 6867 files that I need to evaluate as a potential duplicate so that will reduce the number of my music files. I'm aware of 116 CDs that have yet to be converted. These are 100 CDs that I have to manually enter song information and 16 miscellaneous CDs that I came across last night. Some of those 16 may have already been merged into the music folder - I have to investigate. I hope to begin at least some initial investigation tonight during WWE Raw.

No comments: