Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Upcoming Incorrect

Bryan Adams is coming to Cedar Rapids, IA, for a concert at the US Cellular Center. I've never felt compelled to write about Bryan Adams on this blog, but I've always liked his tunes. I used to listen to "Cuts Like a Knife" on cassette repeatedly, though, there's been too many miles between then and now to cite a track on that release other than the title cut. I also liked the release "Reckless" but not because of the hit single "Summer of '69." I really liked the tune "Somebody." There was something magical about the guitar riff and even the guitar solo that speaks to me. I am humming the tune now (silently).

Set aside all of the above and look at the announcement I received through an email:
It's really close, but there's a problem with the date. As you can see below, September 18, 2016, is not a Monday - it's a Sunday. That makes a big difference as far as whether I'd be able to swing going to the show as far as scheduling and such.
As I sit here on a Wednesday in September, attending this show is unlikely to happen. I would rather see one or both of these shows instead:


I've never seen Korn, Motionless in White (Alex told me last night he likes their music), or REO Speedwagon in concert which means, yes, I've seen BB, Silver Snakes (they opened for Bring Me the Horizon in Clive when Alex and I went to see them last month), Def Leppard, and Tesla. When I saw Tesla, they were the HEADLINER and had Great White and Badlands open for them. Now they get the (crappy) opening slot on a 3 band bill. Meanwhile, yes, over in Moline, IL, there are at least three concerts I'd like to see:
"Make America Rock Again" is a multi-band concert with the following bands:
  1. DROWNING POOL
  2. TRAPT
  3. SALIVA
  4. SAVING ABEL
  5. ALIEN ANT FARM
  6. CRAZYTOWN
  7. 12 STONES
  8. TANTRIC
  9. More!
I would very much want to see it!

No comments: