Monday, July 18, 2016

Maybe No One

Paul Ryan's 'white' selfie with interns shows lack of diversity in Washington? Am I supposed to confess now that I am a bad White person if I didn't recognize that the picture was a symbol of (apparent) racism and had to read the article to learn how awful that picture is? The article says "The picture racked up more than 5,000 comments on Instagram, far more than any of Ryan’s other photos."

Am I really supposed to believe that there was a dedicated effort to reject a minority application for an internship?

What kind of a nation do I live in? Am I supposed to apologize if a minority didn't want to apply to have an internship? That's my fault? Really? If I answer that question... wait, can I even answer that question without invoking outrage from minorities? 

Here's the article that started this line of thought: http://flip.it/tb8m9

No comments: