Monday, July 18, 2016

UnIdeal

I wanted to capture the reaction my friend and former co-worker Jeremy's reaction to the following ad on Craigslist:
"That person will never play out..."
I didn't send a reply to the poster because I don't even know what "ambient, rock, and jazz fusion" even means. And I'm also not really interested in writing music that would be influenced by "movie scores and soundtracks, specifically those in horror, sci-fi, and thriller films."

Hello. I play electric bass guitar. I'm nearly 40 years old, and I've been playing for over half of those years. I have quality equipment, and have a good grasp of music theory and technique. I'm interested in working on original songs with other musicians (I'm really looking for a synthesizer/keyboard player and a drummer who are intrigued by similar styles of music, but I'll jam with anyone on any instrument if our interests are in common). I'm interested in writing songs that are memorable and get stuck in the head. I'm heavily influenced by movie scores and soundtracks, specifically those in horror, sci-fi, and thriller films. I'm also into ambient, rock, and jazz fusion. If anyone is interested in getting together to see what kinds of sounds we can come up with, please contact me. Thanks for reading.

So, basically, this is tagged with "Ideal Band" because it's the opposite of what I want to do in a band.

No comments: