Thursday, January 26, 2017

Brief Pro-Life Essay

Just submitted this brief essay here.

I eat at your restaurant a lot in Coralville - have done so for years - but after reading this article - http://theresurgent.com/defund-chilis-until-they-stop-giving-tips-to-abortionists/ - I am compelled to ask you to please cease donating to Planned Parenthood. Assuming the article is accurate is always dangerous - especially in this era of alternative facts. I am Catholic, I am pro-life, and abortion is murder. I just don't buy the it's not a baby until it's born argument. I know several 'pro-choice' mothers & grandmothers that attend baby showers for their daughter(s) & granddaughter(s). Why call it a baby shower if it's a fetus until it's born? I think I know the answer - these pro-choice women say it's a fetus because if they repeat it often enough, they hope God will believe them and forgive them. Everyone has to account for their sins - and believe me, my list is long - and I also know that being pregnant unexpectedly would not be what I would choose for my own 20 year-old daughter.

Sorry to ramble - I work as a writer during the day so I like to string words together.

Editor's Note: Received this reply on 1/27:
January 27, 2017

At Chili’s, we have a longstanding history and take pride in giving back to unite our local communities together. We recognize every community is unique, and encourage our restaurant managers and franchise partners to support causes that help bring communities together and leave a positive impact on our valued Guests, neighbors, friends and families we serve.

On Wednesday, we learned that an independent franchise partner of Chili’s in Indiana and Kentucky made the decision to host a Chili’s Give Back Event on behalf of Planned Parenthood Indiana and Kentucky. While our franchise partner had the best intentions, we have received growing feedback and concern from community members regarding the Give Back Event. This feedback does not reflect Chili’s focus on bringing communities together and the event was never intended to be viewed as a partisan event or political statement, therefore we, along with our franchise partner, have decided to cancel the event.

We will more clearly communicate the focus of Chili’s charitable giving efforts, so that our restaurant managers and franchise partners can feel empowered to support local organizations that bring communities together.

Sincerely,

Chili's Guest Engagement Team

No comments: