Friday, January 13, 2017

Massive Tour Announced

While I await the announcement that Metallica is going to play in Iowa, I will celebrate another huge tour that includes a date in Iowa. I am considering making a trip on 4/24/17 (a Monday) to Des Moines, Iowa to the Wells Fargo Arena to see Poison, Def Leppard, and Tesla! I've seen all three of these bands live. 
  1. Poison
    • The last time was the festival in Des Moines that also had Cinderella, Dokken, and . . . I can't remember who the other 'main' band was. 
    • Before that, I saw them at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City with Don Dokken & Slaughter. 
    • The first time I saw them was at the Five Seasons Center (now the US Cellular Center) in Cedar Rapids. 
  2. Def Leppard 
    • Def Leppard with Dokken (and interviewed bassist Jeff Pilson before the show and had my picture taken with him).
  3. Tesla
    • Tesla with Great White and Badlands at the Five Seasons Center (now the US Cellular Center) in Cedar Rapids.
 To celebrate, here is one favorite tune from each of them:







No comments: