Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Nerves on a Tuesday

I don't like how my laptop complained about my 4 TB EHD this AM:


I'll just let this ride.

On a related subject and as a follow-up, I cannot use Carbonite as my strategy to back up my data. Carbonite supports a single EHD and does not support backing up the Western Digital MyCloud drive. For the EHD requirement, I have more than one I want to backup:
  1. E:
  2. T:
  3. U:
  4. Y:
  5. Z:
Even if I could back up those with Carbonite, I would not be able to back up the MyCloud drive.

Thus, I am going to use CrashPlan, which does support multiple EHDs and does support backing up the MyCloud drive. On top of that, Carbonite was $100 / year and CrashPlan is $49 / year. I do feel bad that I purchased Carbonite from my friend Jeremy, who is a Carbonite reseller, but I can't see spending $100 for a software solution that doesn't satisfy my needs regarding backing up data. There's no ill will about it - it's just not a good fit.

No comments: