Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Such a Long Time Ago

I don't think I had a clue that U2's "The Joshua Tree" was released on January 23, 1987. For historical purposes, I was a junior in high school. I don't have any specific memories of that day so I had to look at the calendar - it was a Friday. It's likely that I went to school that day, pined for the girl I wanted to ask out, perhaps had a test or quiz, and then went to swim team practice until probably 7 or 7:30 PM. Then I likely went home and ... did nothing. Although, I vaguely remember that my junior year was the year that we would go to Zio Johno's after our final practice before a swim meet so I may have gone to eat with my teammates. I was just trying to recall if I was driving the 1980 Honda Accord at the time or if our family didn't have a third vehicle. I really don't remember.

For more information about their album, refer to 30 Years Ago: U2 Make Their Masterpiece, ‘The Joshua Tree’.

No comments: