Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Metallica! Live! In South Korea!

Yes! I am so glad that "Halo on Fire" may evolve into one of the tunes Metallica plays in concert!
METALLICA's setlist for the show was as follows:
01. Hardwired
02. Atlas, Rise!
03. Sad But True
04. Wherever I May Roam
05. The Unforgiven
06. Now That We're Dead (live debut)
07. Moth Into Flame
08. Harvester Of Sorrow
09. Halo On Fire (live debut)
10. The Four Horsemen
11. One
12. Master Of Puppets
13. For Whom The Bell Tolls
14. Fade To Black
15. Seek & Destroy
Encore:
16. Battery
17. Nothing Else Matters <== If it were me, I'd replace "NEM" with either "Blackened" or "Creeping Death"
18. Enter Sandman

This is a comment on the article that is worth highlighting:Language warning!
Kil Xéno · Caretaker at Overlook Hotel
I guess at this point complaining about how I wish Sandman and Nothing Else Matters would fuck off is futile. It's never going to happen and--- Ah fuck it, I wish those songs would fuck off and be swapped for different songs, each time! I don't like bands who have set rules, just change it, like Opeth, Katatonia and Dream Theater are happy to do. Metallica sets aren't as annoying as Paradise Lost ones, but still. Sometimes swap Sandman and Nothing Else Matters for Blackened and Fixxer. Sometimes Phantom Lord and Frayed Ends. Sometimes Rebel of Babylon and Spit Out the Bone. Sometimes Struggle Within and Bleeding Me, etc. you get my point. Why stick with the same two shitting songs. Predictability is boring. I think that I dislike those two songs now because they're so overplayed. Nothing Else Matters isn't even bad, it's a good song (that would sound better imo if it ended on that last note of the solo) but man, overplayed! I'd like some Beyond and Death Magnetic on each tour, not too much though, one song of each (and not Cyanide or Hell & Back, those songs, along with Now that we're dead and Enter Sandman would put me to sleep). Moaning aside, Hardwired... is the best Metallica album since 88. Yup.

I wouldn't even mind if they threw "Sandman" into the third slot and got rid of "Sad But True". They did play these tunes from the new album:
  1. Hardwired
  2. Atlas, Rise
  3. Now That We're Dead
  4. Moth Into Flame
  5. Halo on Fire

Editor's Note - the video in question was removed from youtube.com so it is no longer available for your viewing pleasure.

For more information, refer to METALLICA Performs 'Now That We're Dead' And 'Halo On Fire' Live For First Time (Video)
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-performs-now-that-were-dead-and-halo-on-fire-live-for-first-time-video

No comments: