However, that option is not available.
Electronic Document Composition Specialist
Iowa City, IA 52245
$17 an hour - Temporary
This role reviews and checks every aspect of the job (i.e., page numbering, print quality, title information and correct bar codes) & may identify the need for improvements to existing work processes.
- Perform technical specification file validation.
- Validate specifications against published requirements, check online system navigation tools, test Technically Enhanced Item (TEI) functionality, review and research production/quality issues.
- Perform checks electronically for items, test books, manuals and answer sheets during different stages of their development by the Publishing Services team and mark revisions as necessary.
- Maintain the correctness and completeness of text, artwork and items in all documents for both paper and online testing.
- Responsible for consistency of technical form/item/art specifications as documented.
- Verifying edits as specified.
- Check technical marks and critical copy on scannable (machine-read) forms (ex. timing tracks, QIMs, skunks).
- Interact with Workflow Specialist, Implementation Manager, Technical Composition Production Specialists, Asset Production Specialists, Composition Production Specialists and Graphic Artists in the Publishing Services department daily, as well as Program Team and others as needed.
- Work overtime, when necessary, to meet tight schedules for printing, online delivery and testing deadlines.
- Strong command of technical aptitude.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate, in writing, neatly and effectively.
- Knowledge of layout and design principles preferred.
- Experience on both MAC and PC computers.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional desirable.
- Quark and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
Please note this is an onsite temporary (non-benefits eligible) role with projected duration through February 2018. Local candidates only please.
Keywords: Composition, QC, Quality, digital, document, PDF, publishing, technical writer, copy editor
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $17.00 /hour
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Adobe Acrobat PDF: 1 year