Five ways to protect your sleep from that last glass of wine before bed.:
- Allow three to four hours between drinking and hitting the sheets. I was lucky to allow 10 - 30 minutes between being done drinking and going to bed.
- Use the “two for one” rule. Flat-out, I never drank water when I was out drinking booze. never.
- Cut the cava. Typically, I only drank champagne on New Year's Eve.
- Drink with food ― and pay attention to your alcohol intake. Yeah, I had plenty of times when I didn't do this, most memorable was when I went to the Sevendust concert. My friends & I had met at a bar downtown before the concert and I never ate anything. I got to the concert and continued drinking. I don't remember a note of Sevendust.
- Always abstain if you’re taking sleeping pills. Not an issue - I have never taken sleeping pills.