Monday, July 10, 2017

I Was Severely Messed With During Those Daze

From How Alcohol Messes With Your Sleep — And What You Can Do About It
Five ways to protect your sleep from that last glass of wine before bed.
:
  1. Allow three to four hours between drinking and hitting the sheets. I was lucky to allow 10 -  30 minutes between being done drinking and going to bed.
  2. Use the “two for one” rule.  Flat-out, I never drank water when I was out drinking booze. never.
  3. Cut the cava. Typically, I only drank champagne on New Year's Eve.
  4. Drink with food ― and pay attention to your alcohol intake. Yeah, I had plenty of times when I didn't do this, most memorable was when I went to the Sevendust concert. My friends & I had met at a bar downtown before the concert and I never ate anything. I got to the concert and continued drinking. I don't remember a note of Sevendust.
  5. Always abstain if you’re taking sleeping pills. Not an issue - I have never taken sleeping pills.
That was 'better' than I thought - I disobeyed 3 out of 5 of the rules, not all 5.

No comments: