Friday, January 2, 2009

Legal MP3s... What a concept!

Years ago, there was an online service that allowed you to search various PCs and select MP3s on those PCs and download them to your PC. I used that service to get a lot of MP3s and a lot of songs. Along the way between then and now, the service was shut down and my acquisition of MP3s decreased.

Yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart.com and started a new era of obtaining legal MP3 files. Megan got a gift card for downloading Taylor Swift's CD and Alex got a gift card for downloading 15 songs for $14. I had no problem with Megan's.

Alex's situation is a different story. I had to call Customer Support because I was getting an error message when I put in my claim code. I was told to put in a new code and, because I didn't understand what Customer Support was saying, I downloaded a song that Alex didn't want. Also, in this process, I had to take a screen capture of the songs Alex wants so that I can re-add them to my cart. So that's what I'm doing now.

Wal-Mart may have a lot of money but their website is so damn slow! I'm not on dial-up, but this website goes so damn slow! I click and wait, click and wait. SO SLOOOWWW.

Did I mention it's slow?

I am hoping to finish this task within a hour.

No comments: