Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Alcohol got Him into Too Much Trouble

Somewhere, in an alternate reality, former Skid Row vocalist Sebastian Bach is still putting on legendary shows with Skid Row and the fact that Skid Row has a different vocalist has never been a reality. Also, in that alternate reality, Bach continues to drink like a fish. As he describes in both this article and the embedded video below, Sebastian Bach is sober.

From the article, I've snipped some quotes that I feel are applicable to my own sobriety and, quite possibly, the following quotes are out of context as he was talking about being a lead singer in the music business and I am talking about my current life.

Quotes:
  • You know the game Monopoly? Do not pass 'go' – do not collect $200, go straight to jail? That's what drinking is for me. I just get pretty crazy on it, and I don't know when to stop. Some people can be social and have a drink now and then. When I start drinking, I don't know when to stop.
  • I drank .... for [roughly, 22 years]. And I loved it. But you have to make a choice of whether you wanna be .... your best.
  • So I just wanna be the best I can be. That's pretty much it. I just feel physically better, and I look physically better. When I [got messed] up every night, I look[ed] like pure hell, like anybody else does.

No comments: