Monday, July 28, 2014

Rotten Tooth

I don't care what Dave Mustaine says about former members Nick Menza and Marty Friedman not returning to Megadeth, recently comparing the potential for them to return like putting a rotten tooth back in your mouth, "Rust in Peace" is a phenomenal CD and the CDs they made after "Rust" with that lineup were the best in the Megadeth discography. Nick Menza is a monster drummer, Marty Friedman plays outstanding leads, and the four of them, created outstanding music. I wish they would reunite. That's not to take away from the current drummer and lead guitarist; it is the nostalgia of what Menza, Friedman, Ellefson, and Mustaine created that makes me long for the reformation of that lineup.

I feel the same way about KISS. I would love to have Ace Frehley and Peter Criss figure out all their bullshit with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. Why they couldn't do it for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction came up again. Paul and Gene feared that there would be too much talk about a reunion. And I get that. They are touring with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer now and, despite a setlist that is heavy on the old tunes, I get that Paul and Gene want to forge ahead.

That doesn't mean me, as a music fan, cannot long for the reunification of these bands (Megadeth & KISS) to reunite their lineups that created music I love.

No comments: