Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Knack

At Uncle Rico rehearsal last night, Gary and I talked about a couple of songs by The Knack. The tune that every cover band seems to always do is, of course, "My Sharona". Gary mentioned a second tune called "Good Girls Don't (But I Do)" which, somewhere in the deep depths of my mind, I think I had heard previously.

Scott is going to confirm our gig today. For the third summer in a row, Uncle Rico the Band is going to be playing on Saturday, August 23, 2014, at the Elk's Club in Iowa City. We are playing from 6 - 10 by the pool. The date is meaningful to me. It is a year to the day since the last time I played drums at a rock gig setting. This will be the third summer in a row that the band has played a poolside gig.


Good Girls Don't (But I Do)



No comments: