Monday, July 28, 2014

Online and Alive!

When we camp in Elkader, there is Wi-Fi available for a fee. Since we are paying for our campsite until early September and will be in Elkader for the next 6 weekends (I will be up here for 5 of 6 because of the Uncle Rico the Band gig at the Elk's Club on Saturday, August 23rd but Karen and Alex are camping that weekend), it makes sense to pay $20 for the ability to come up to the office and sit outside on the patio chair with my laptop plugged in, the music from the last Uncle Rico the Band rehearsal to play on my phone, and to mess around with the external hard drive. Predicting that I would have Wi-Fi available, I even brought a spindle of CDs to rip while I sit here.

My plan is to be up to use Wi-Fi in the mornings we are up here in Elkader. Despite my best efforts, I tend to not sleep in, even when I am on vacation. I consider myself an early riser, a morning person, a person that likes to get up early and, probably after 5 minutes, I am no longer tired. It's the staying up late that gets to me. I infamously fall asleep in front of the campfire until, with a sudden jolt, I wake up and go to bed. That's just the way I am.

No comments: