Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Easing back In

What a vacation!

Alex and I went up Thursday, 7/10, to Elkader and got the camper set up. The only mishap was when the camper was lowered with a sway bar leaned against the camper, which resulted in a hole in the front of our camper and a kicked table by the person who lowered the camper by depressing the lever. Other than that, things went rather smoothly. Sure, the water hookup took some work and the water heater plug took some work and there were issues with the back lock not wanting to open. Those were all things that were quickly resolved, either by me or by Mark, my brother-in-law, or by Lou, my father-in-law. It worked out fine.

On Friday, Mark, Lou, Jonathan, Tyler, Alex, and I played 9 holes of golf at Clermont. I played reasonably well. I had par on one of the holes. After playing golf, we went to Gunder to have lunch. I had a Gunderburger, which is a pound of hamburger. I ate the entire thing, which is okay since I didn't eat breakfast.

On Saturday, we played 6 handed Euchre before going to 5:30 PM Mass, followed by pizza at J&J's. At 8:30ish, Mark, Jonathan, Tyler, Susie, Alex, and I went to a "review" show at the Elkader Opera House. It was really funny and I laughed. Susie said she liked to listen to me laugh.

On Sunday, we played 4 handed Euchre while Mark and Susie packed up.

On Monday, Louis, Alex, and I played 18 holes of golf at Luana. I was playing out of my mind good golf. I was ready to play another 9. I was the most consistent I've been all season.

On Tuesday, we packed up and came home. I drove the Ford home and listened to Uncle Rico rehearsals in an effort to prepare for tonight's rehearsal. I haven't touched a stick since last week's rehearsal. When I got home, I mowed the front and then helped Alex finish mowing the back.

Today, it's back to work and going through the pile at work. We have a department meeting today at 2.

I want to write about what's been going on in my life, but cannot do so at the moment. Thus, I leave this:




Bloopers from Above

No comments: