Friday, July 4, 2014

That Bitch Irony

Around 12:30 yesterday, I got an email from my manager that said that we could get an early start on our holiday weekend and leave at 2. Of course, that's about the time that an issue with work that had to be done came up. Basically, help text in HTML gets routed to a queue and the web application pulls the help text from that queue, except, for the help text I was concerned about, it displayed "null" instead. This turned into a "not my job" merry-go-round that I finally jumped off of at 2:45.

The ultimate issue that caused "null" instead of the help text was not my issue. I couldn't have fixed it.

I just checked a bit ago and the defect I had created for the issue was routed to Development and four hours after submitting it, the issue has been resolved. Yeah!

No comments: