Friday, July 1, 2016

The #NeverTrump Movement's Latest Potential Roadblock

As detailed in this article, so much controversy surrounds the upcoming GOP convention in Cleveland, OH. I've not been paying a lot of attention to all of this because it seems like it's all fabricated by the media. What I've been able to understand from the limited knowledge I've gained about it is that it's possible that Donald Trump will not be the Republican nominee for president. It has something to do with changing the rules at the convention and having a lot of details line up into perfect order. Selfishly, I would absolutely love to see Donald Trump be working some deal behind the scenes with someone in the RNC so that he stands up, gets a little egg on his face when he tells the convention something like the following. I tried to make it read as though Trump would actually say it:

"Look, I'm smart enough to know when I am in a bad situation and this campaign is not really working out for me. I am throwing 1000% of my support behind [name of some GOP savior candidate that is not Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, or any other GOP 2016 primary candidate] because I firmly believe their tenacity will guarantee us that Crooked Hilary is not in the White House this November. It would be absolutely terrible for our country. I love America, I love the United States, and I love the idea of Crooked Hilary not winning the White House this November. Okay, if she were to avoid prison and go to Washington, DC, it would be awful. I love America and I love the United States way too much to allow that to happen. Okay, that's what I'm doing, right now, because I love America, I love the United States, and I don't want to live with Crooked Hilary in the White House. It can't happen, it would be awful."

I think the chances of Donald Trump getting up to the podium in Cleveland and saying those words are sitting firmly at a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance... but there is a chance! (grinning)

No comments: