Thursday, January 5, 2017

One Year Ago

A year ago, I came to my current employer as a candidate for the position I was eventually hired to do. I had not been laid off at Pearson and had no idea that by the end of the month, I would be. There had been speculation, but I really thought I was safe.

Looking at these jobs, I don't think I'd want to work at any of these companies. I'm sure they are all great in their unique way. I actually applied for the Technical Editor job @ Channel Fusion but never received any response from them. I've seen the job be posted a couple of times since January 2016 - I wonder if they are the type of company that just can't find the right person.


I am still in the habit of keeping my eyes open for part-time, remote, technical writing opportunities. A moonlighting gig would be nice, since I don't have a band. With that in mind, I saw the following, which reminded me of why I despise the word "new" and avoid it any time I can.



Is "new" something that happened "23 days ago" or "30 days ago" in my mind? No. Those two jobs are not new. They are old. That said, if the word "old" was next to the title, I don't think I'd bother reading the job description.

No comments: