Sunday, August 27, 2017

In the Vein of Chevelle

I had sent a link to my videos page in response to an ad on Craigslist and then got a response. Here's the ad:
|
We are in the process of resurrecting an old band, and are seeking a bassist and drummer. Must have own equipment. We are currently in the writing process, and have 7 songs completed, and are working on 7 more. Actual practice won't begin immediately as we are in the process of upgrading our own equipment, and locating a practice space. Must be available for practice on weekends when we begin. Our style varies from very mellow John Meyer type songs, to hard rock in the vein of Chevelle, with heavy influence from Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, and the Refreshments.


If interested, shoot us a reply and we'll have you listen to some songs and go from there.
|
This is what I sent in reply:
|
Could practice on weekends mean Sunday evenings? My fall is booked with family events - UNI football games on Saturdays, 2 weddings ... Pretty busy. We get back in town on Sunday, though, so maybe?
|
And this is the reply I got to that:
|
Hey,

Appreciate the response. Unfortunately, as we are looking to be very busy booking wise (minimum of 1 show per week), on top of wanting to travel to Chicago, St Louis, etc, it doesn't seem like schedules would coincide enough. Thank you for your interest though, and good luck on your search!
|
I was kind of surprised by the response. I mean, I had no idea, from reading the original ad, this band wanted to book a minimum of 1 show per week or play gigs in Chicago and / or St. Louis. By all means, more power to them and I wish them the best of luck.

No comments: