Thursday, August 24, 2017

More Racy Things

According to this article - The Solar Eclipse Was Racist According to Law School Professor - there is a law professor who thinks the recent solar eclipse was racist because it didn't cross over enough ... now, do I write "Blacks" or "African-Americans" or "Negros" or some other word? It's really tough for me to write about race because I strive to see people for who they are, not what they look like. Am I 100% successful? Of course not. Was I raised to judge a person by their appearance? I guess so. I know that I had ideas about Iron Maiden fans when I was young.

According to this article - WaPo Editorial Blames Christians for Charlottesville, Hails Satan - which refers to this article - I’m a founder of the Satanic Temple. Don’t blame Satan for white supremacy. Calling hatred Satanic just lets people off the hook - it's wrong to say "the devil made me do it" when talking about the evils in the world. My Catholic faith teaches me that Satan is the reason for evil in the world - that Satan is the arch enemy of Jesus' teaching of love.

I do think knowing what the other side of the argument is helps me be a better person.

No comments: