Saturday, December 31, 2016

Lesson 2016:07

I know how to write. I know this but you may not.

Occasionally, I mention my private journal and / or the "10 Year Project" I started on 1/1/2012. Briefly, I have 24 5 subject 200 page spiral notebooks. I assigned a month / year combination for each of the 120 months between 1/1/2012 and 12/1/2021. Each month / year combination has a section assigned to it. Because I like to be complicated, I assigned random month / years across the 24 notebooks. For example, volume IX is assigned the following:
  1. 4/2015
  2. 6/2019
  3. 5/20
  4. 1/21
  5. 7/17
I know this because I began writing in section 5 on 12/22/2016 and I will actually reach the end of the section today, 12/31/2016. There are 68 pages which comes out to writing 7.55 pages a day.

And yes, you read that correctly. I am writing in the July 2017 section in December 2016. I am 6 months, 1 week, 2 days "ahead" of where I "should" be. I will finish that section today and, tomorrow, begin the section that is assigned to January 2017. If I were to only "maintain" this current rate, I would reach the 120th section in these notebooks on May 1, 2021, a full 7 months ahead of schedule, which is okay because I do have a backup plan.

On the day after I was laid off, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased two 5 subject 200 page spiral notebooks. I used one of those notebooks to capture the thoughts I had about being laid off in a separate notebook. After I was hired at HCIS and after I began working at HCIS, I continued writing in that notebook until April 30th. On the cover of the notebook is this title:
Tales from the Brink and Back:
An Unexpected Journey of Unemployment

January 26, 2016
through
April 30, 2016
Lessons Learned in 95 Days...
Another Subtitle Because I Like 3

This is what I wrote in that notebook on March 8, 2016, at 1:41 PM:

God... I'm just wondering if you're too busy to help me. I know I'm not supposed to question your love for me or my faith in you, but, frankly, it's 1:41 PM on - Tuesday - 6 weeks ago, you had me led into that room @ Pearson and had me laid off. I believed that you had looked out for me because you showed me the U of I job. I remind you of this not b/c I want to make you think I'm mad at you - I'm not. I just wanted to know if you could, possibly and if it's not too much trouble, bump me up in your priority list.

Maybe an hour later, Bob called 

AND OFFERED 
ME THE JOB!!
HOLY GOD, THANK YOU
SO MUCH FOR PATIENTLY
HELPING ME THROUGH THIS
TIME OF MY LIFE!

I am so humbled by all the people that care about me and that prayed for me during the last six weeks!! The list is exhausting to dwell about or write out...

My point is that I know how to write.

No comments: