Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Two More Chances

There is renewed hope about the Iowa Hawkeyes men's basketball team as they enter tonight's next-to-final tune-up before starting Big Ten games. Read about the optimism here.

Also, on that page, on the right, I noticed this:
I wondered about the "t" in "accident" being cut off in the box, but when I hovered over the link, the word "accident" was not "acciden" as I thought it might have been. Then I looked at the actual syntax of the link and saw this:
< a class="post-title" href="/subject/news/public-safety/man-dies-after-exposure-to-extreme-cold-near-site-of-accident-in-cedar-rapids-20161219" > Man dies after exposure to extreme cold near site of accident in Cedar Rapids < / a >

And then I looked at the source code as well as the CSS that controls the presentation and tried to make sense of what I saw.

I couldn't. I gave up after 10 minutes. I became frustrated when I couldn't find the word "popular" in the CSS, even though there is a div class="most-popular-lists" in the source code. It was odd. I think I was looking in the correct place but, apparently, I was not.

No comments: