Thursday, December 29, 2016

Ten Albums I Listened to A Lot in 2016: #02 - Metallica "Hardwired ... To Self-Destruct"

One major reason I am putting this album at number 2 is because it was released in November and the album I will reveal as my number 1 was released in August. That means, just because of the timing, this release didn't get as much time in my ears as the number 1. Had they been released on the same day or closer, I can safely speculate that the line between numbers 1 and two would be much more fine. I am constantly humming the melodies to "Now That We're Dead," "Halo On Fire," and "ManUNkind." It's unsurprising to me that I like the tunes that most commenters online bemoan as being the worst. I chuckle because I liked "The Frayed Ends of Sanity" and "The Shortest Straw" on the "And Justice for All" album before they were cool. I'm sure, someday, those three songs will be more highly regarded than they are presently.



Notes from the Editor:
  • Including an album in this Top Ten list should not imply an endorsement of the album as being "good" - nothing in the title of these posts states that these are "Ten GOOD Albums I Listened to A Lot in 2016". Pay attention to details. 
  • Also, this is a post in a series of 10 that began being published at 7:30 PM on 12/28. The #1 album was to be posted at 11:59 PM on 12/28, with this schedule, but sometimes "life" takes away plans.
    1159 - 1
    1129 - 2
    1059 - 3
    1029 - 4
    0959 - 5
    0929 - 6
    0859 - 7
    0829 - 8
    0759 - 9
    0729 - 10

No comments: