Thursday, December 22, 2016

No Surrender, No Defeat

I play Rummy 500 on my phone as a means to keep my mind active while watching TV. I have never posted a final score on this blog before and I don't plan to do so every time I win.
My record is 151 wins, 239 losses, meaning I've lost 88 more games than I've won.
But I still play.

I get up each day, not motivated by the goal of winning my Rummy 500 game (it's really not that important to me), but I play it.

I try.

I do my best.

I take chances and want to succeed.

Isn't every situation in life like a game of Rummy 500? Because, really, I know every day, I have choices:
  1. quit playing
  2. reinstall the game and get a fresh start
  3. do not surrender, do not accept defeat, and strive to do better each game
Yesterday, today, and tomorrow, I choose the third option.

Editor's Note: Nice.

No comments: