Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Catch Up

I didn't write about it when it happened, but there was a group in downtown Iowa City that were protesting Donald Trump by burning an American flag. There happened to be a Federal Express (FE) worker nearby and he went up to the group and stopped them. Since then, social media (Facebook mainly) has been very supportive of the FE worker, advocating for him to receive recognition for what he did to stop the American flag from burning. After the event, FE announced that an internal investigation had been completed and that the FE worker was not going to lose his job.

This morning, just a few minutes ago, I saw this story and it warmed my heart when I read what the FE worker said:

"I just couldn't let it happen," he said. "In my head my morals told me that I had to stand up for it and I did."

Good for him.

No comments: