Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Would I pay $300 to See My FAVORITE Band?

Speaking of Metallica being on tour, in my daily Google Alert - Metallica email, I saw a link that took me to the Craigslist > Boston page:

METALLICA 2-4 GA Floor TICKETS SOLD OUT ON TICKETMASTER - $300 each - $600


monday 2017-02-27

number available: 2
METALLICA IN CONCERT: DON'T MISS METALLICA ON TOUR IN 2017
Gillette Stadium-May 19th

2-4 GA FLOOR TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW- $300 EACH OR $1100 FOR ALL 4

GA FLOOR TICKETS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON TICKETMASTER- BUY YOU CAN GET YOURS HERE TODAY!

Metal heads everywhere know nothing compares to the hardcore intensity of seeing Metallica tear through monumental epics like "Enter Sandman", "For Whom the Bell Tolls", and "Master of Puppets" in concert. Headbanging ticket buyers rock hard to countless classics as frontman James Hetfield growls through the band's thunderous throwdowns and brutal ballads. Kirk Hammett's sick guitar shredding and Lars Ulrich's furious drum fills complete the sonic assault, stunning listeners with each hard-hitting breakdown and pulse-pounding riff. Still serving up the same brilliant savagery that made them thrash metal superstars in the first place, Metallica continue to unleash the metal mayhem whenever they tour.

It made me think: if Metallica were going to play at Kinnick Stadium or the UNI-Dome, if the tickets to that show really were $300 each, would I really go? Is my FAVORITE band in the WORLD worth $300 to see? My immature answer is "Duh! YES!" but the practical side of me is pondering the idea. Is there a price too high to pay to see Metallica live in concert? The practical side of me says, "You saw them in 1989 (though you don't remember the show but no, I wasn't drunk or anything, I just don't remember it. You saw them in 1991 and remember thinking, "All these kids should be at home doing homework" because I was in the hell known as student teaching. You saw them in 1993 with Karen, Brian Rock, and Brenda and remember Jason Newsted telling the crowd it was okay to have a good time (it was days after Chris Street had been killed in a vehicle accident) and then noticing how much louder the crowd became. You saw them in 2004 with Serbi & Phil, which is when Serbi told me that he and his wife were getting a divorce and that he hoped I wouldn't think less of him. That's four times of seeing Metallica. That's less times than you've seen Shinedown (which still blows my mind). Is four times not enough? Do you not think the concert will be online shortly after the concert whereby you can see Metallica, essentially, for free?"

The emotional side of me says, "Screw you Practy! I want to see my FAVORITE band in the world!"

I'm glad I don't have to kick my own ass to find out...


That movie is SOOOO Awesome!


And I'm not even a big Jim Carrey fan.


And, by the way, I'm listening to Death Magnetic now.


No comments: