Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I Fear Where I Would Be

I have a less than 10 minute commute from my residence to my desk. It's really sweet. When I think about where I was at this time in 2016, I am immediately humbled to be where I sit. Perhaps that is why I am enamored by the lyrics and ideas contained in Metallica's "Atlas, Rise!" tune, which is focusing upon Atlas taking the world upon his shoulders, taking the burden on, and confronting it. I had to do the same thing when I was looking for a job. I had to find a way to not allow myself to get down about my situation. It was easy to play mind games and if it were not for my friends and families and community supporting me, I could have easily resumed drinking booze again. Easily. As in opening a bottle of orange flavored vodka in the garage and sniffing how good it smelled and then opening the cap on a different flavor of vodka and smelling that. I remember thinking, "This is my moment. This is my moment to do what I want to do with my life and God has given me the freewill to choose what I should do.

My choice was to not drink anything from either bottle. Cheers to Atlas for taking on his burden and persevering when it would be easy to quit.


And because the MetOnTour video for Hong Kong was on the same page as the above, I thought it'd be neat to include it within this post as well.


No comments: