Saturday, December 3, 2016

Not a Crazy Drum Collector

Another thing you’ve gotten flack for, which I find hilarious, is your drum sound. Online you can find people criticizing the sonics of your snare and other minutiae like that. People aren’t picking apart other drummers in quite the same way. Why do you think you get that kind of attention?
Answer:
There is a peculiar element of hard-rock fans that are very conservative and want the status quo. On St. Anger I changed the snare sound and it pissed everybody off. I don’t know why people care so much. I have nothing but respect for the drum community, but when drum magazines ask me all these detailed questions about my equipment or something, I feel stupid because I don’t know the answers. I’m not some crazy drum collector. I ultimately don’t mind if other people get caught up in analyzing the sonics of my drum sound ... as long as I don’t have to get caught up in it.
.... 

No comments: