Friday, December 16, 2016

Rogue One Reactions

I came across four links related to Star Wars as I was looking for information about  the "Rogue One" movie that opened today. And I'm going to start with the fourth link I came across because it was published in January 2016 and has no information about the new movie.

Instead, it is a lengthy dissertation about the franchise. You can read that dissertation by using this link if you want to read it. What the Seven “Star Wars” Films Reveal About George Lucas is the type of essay I enjoy. Actually, any essay about the franchise that analyzes the characters in the franchise is enjoyable. Some people like Harry Potter; others are into Lord of the Rings; others are into some other franchise I am not thinking of. It doesn't matter, really. Any essay that offers critical analysis of the franchise is great but if it's about Star Wars, I like it that much more. Hell, even the theory about why Jar Jar Binks is an Imperial spy captured my attention. That's why I am sharing the link above by Richard Brody. It was posted on 1/6/2016. If you like his writing style, good for you because he also wrote the third link below but don't go there until you see the gigantic

Warning: If you are not wanting to know anything about it, do not click any of the links below.


  1. Rogue One Redeems Star Wars From Jar Jar Binks
  2. Rogue One Is The Star Wars Movie About The Soldiers
  3. “Rogue One” Reviewed: Is It Time to Abandon the “Star Wars” Franchise?

No comments: