Sunday, March 22, 2015

Backup Complete

Although I found myself frantically coding DOS batch files until the last possible moment, I was able to kick off a bunch of them on Friday afternoon. We were leaving for the Mount Mercy College winter campout in Dubuque and despite best laid plans to leave at 4 PM, we didn't actually get on the road until closer to 4:30. In the Big Picture, it worked out fine - we got to the hotel around 6 PM and were able to sit down in the hotel bar and watch the Iowa Hawkeyes win their first round NCAA game - their next game is today (Sunday, 3/21) in about one hour (6:10 PM).

The following screen capture shows the log files that were created as part of the DOS batch files that I ran. It shows that I began the backup around 4:16 PM and that the last log file was created at 10:31 PM. That means, to make a backup of my music collection, I need around 6 hours, 15 minutes.




I am sending an email in reply to this ad - I hope I can work something out to do it!

No comments: