Tuesday, March 24, 2015

To Live in Louie

If I lived in St. Louis, I could at least audition with a band that needs a drummer. Here's the ad:

Hello, We Are looking for a drummer that like to play 70'classic rock ,80's metal/hair /90's metal /00's Covers. We are looking for a dependable person to join the three of us. We are two guitars ,one bass .we are ages from 23 to 27 . Your age does not matter just as long you are mature and drama free , have your own gear and good transport . We try to play once a week and we do a extra practice out at a local open mic. so far we are close to playing out once to 2 times a weekend , our plan at lest.

Of the words above, "at lest" is the one I am barely able to forgive, even for a Craigslist ad. I am glad, though, I kept reading because I wanted the band to be in my area so that I could play drums for the songs on their set list:
  1. You Shook Me All Night Long AC/DC
  2. Big Balls AC/DC
  3. Thunderstruck AC/DC
  4. Man In The Box Alice In Chains
  5. Come Together The Beatles
  6. War Pigs Black Sabbath
  7. Paranoid Black Sabbath
  8. Iron Man Black Sabbath
  9. Knocking' on Heaven's Door Bob Dylan
  10. Sunshine Of Your Love Cream
  11. Brain Stew Green Day
  12. Breaking The Law Judas Priest
  13. My Own Worst Enemy Lit
  14. Rock Star Nickelback
  15. About A Girl Nirvana
  16. Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd
  17. Every Rose Has Its Thorn Poison
  18. Killing in the Name Rage Against The Machine
  19. Blitzkrieg Bop The Ramones
  20. 18 & Life Skid Row
  21. Born To Be Wild Steppenwolf
  22. Stranglehold Ted Nugent
  23. Seven Nation Army The White Stripes
  24. Kryptonite 3 Doors Down
Other than the Ted Nugent tune, this sounds like an Ideal Band type set list.

No comments: