Saturday, March 7, 2015

One Hundred Days

I was thinking about Megan. 2015 is going to be a big year for her. May 2015 is when she graduates from high school & August 2015 is when she turns 19 and moves out of our house to begin her college career at UNI. The part about "moves out of our house" has been a phrase I've been dwelling upon for a while. I have an idea to mimic the 200 Days journal I've done that has traditionally begun 200 days prior to our wedding anniversary with a 100 Days journal that would begin 100 days prior to her 19th birthday - this journal would begin on 5/6/2015. I've yet to really think through the content for this journal - what I want to use as a theme. I have 59 days to come up with a suitable outline.

Megan and her friends - Nikki & Makayla - pointed Megan's bedroom last night while I played euchre @ Gus'. I am fooling myself if I believe my little girl is not growing up in front of me. I am not the type to get all mushy about the reality of being a father to my daughter. I do recognize that it is unlikely that our relationship will ever be the same as it is now, when she lives 100% under "my" roof. While she plans to return to our house after her freshman year at UNI in the summer of 2016, I also know that plans change. I've joked with her that she might meet "some boy" and that meeting him may change her life completely. Again, I don't know what her future holds because, frankly, she's on the edge of being an adult.

It's conceivable that I may have to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day within the next 6 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 3 days. That is when my current 10 year journal project is scheduled to end - 12/31/2021. When I began that project, on 1/1/2012, my daughter was 15 so that means she will be 25 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days old when the project ends. Karen and I were married when I was  23 years, 8 months, 3 days old.

No comments: