Wednesday, March 25, 2015

OC Turns 5

This is *precisely* why I do not only watch Fox or only watch MSNBC to gather information about the United States and its many issues. It would be like listening only to Jason Newsted's bass guitar tracks on "And Justice for All" and determining that Metallica is a terrible band. It's not the whole picture. Thus, on the 5th birthday of ObamaCare, conservative site politicaloutcast.com posted these articles with their typical "Obama can do nothing right" theory in full view for the reader to see.
On the same day, MSNBC posted this article about ObamaCare and, of course, it is just one of many articles on the site that are tagged with Affordable Care Act. I'm just pointing out that the articles exist, not that I agree or disagree with the content within the articles. And I will say this in all sincerity. Reading personal stories, like the following, are fascinating:
If it weren't for Obama's health care plan, my daughter might be dead today. She is just 21. She was kicked off of our family health care plan as soon as she turned 19. With pre existing conditions, I couldn't find any health insurance company willing to cover her. The medications she needed were so expensive we were borrowing to buy them. Then when we had to take her to the doctor for prescriptions renewal, the office visit was more than $200.00. Because our income was just about $20.00 more than allowed, she didn't qualify for any government help. We were desperate and I was so sick with worry I couldn't sleep at night. My husband as well, and I worried about his heart since he has a health problem. Then Obama Care came and my husband's employer put her back into our health care plan. Our premiums increased slightly, about $15.00 a week deducted to cover her. But the cost was minimal considering what would have happened without Obamacare. All I can say is, people need to stop listening the lies from the right and actually look at the plan. I understand that most people don't like the idea of being forced to have health care plans. But I think something can be done to fix a few of the least popular portions of the plan without throwing the whole thing out! [source]
And, tying it in with my post yesterday about human beings disagreeing with each other, are there not always two sides to a story, just as there are two sides of a coin?

No comments: