Wednesday, November 26, 2014

MegaDave Machine Sure to Continue

As news broke first that Megadeth drummer Sean Drover had left the band, I quipped on my Facebook page that I would get my chops up so that when Dave called, I could tell him "Yes, I will join your little band." I did that not because I think I'm a drummer worthy of replacing Sean Drover but because when you peruse the lineup changes on the band's Wikipedia page, there have been quite a few lineups over the years. Now, after reading about Drover leaving, this article announced that the lead guitarist, Chris Broderick, is also leaving. Vocalist/guitarist Dave Mustaine and bassist Dave Ellefson are the only "current" members of Megadeth.

Wow.

I wish I was a fly on the wall as Dave and Dave discuss possible replacements. What names get tossed around? For drummers, I think of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) as being an awesome replacement, but I fear he would bring a lot more ideas to the band than perhaps Mustaine would like. For guitarists, of course I'm going to go with hoping Marty Friedman returns to the band.

Time will tell what happens. In the meantime, I'm off to listen to "Rust in Peace."

No comments: