Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Tale of Woe

This article - My parents’ happy marriage ruined my love life - is one I related to kind of, sort of. Actually, only these two sentences:

"When my mom died, the second thing my dad said to me was that he’d never marry again. He called Mommy his soul mate, and he spoke of their marriage as having been perfect."

Even then, though, not really. Mom died on December 29th, 2014. In the 1 year, 7 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, or 597 days since her death, I've never heard Dad say he would never marry again and I've never heard him use the word "Mommy" when referring to Mom. Beyond that, though, Dad has often spoke of their marriage as having been perfect. I can't really say whether it was or wasn't because I wasn't in that relationship. As a son, I can observe that it didn't look perfect, but that doesn't really mean anything in the Big Picture of judging or labeling whether their marriage was or wasn't perfect.

All that said, I hope the author finds the love of her life.

No comments: