Thursday, August 11, 2016

Revolver at 50

Sometimes, I read a music review and immediately want to go purchase the album being reviewed. That is the case when I read John Deeth's post about the Beatles' Revolver release. I am familiar with the Beatles in the sense that I am familiar with their "greatest hits" but I've never invested myself into actually listening to their albums. I'm the same way with bands like Aerosmith, the Grateful Dead, The Who, and The Rolling Stones. Those bands are ones I respect because of their reputation and because of the singles on the radio I've heard. In contrast, bands like Rush, KISS, Megadeth, Metallica (duh!), and Bayside (duh!) are bands into which I've invested hours of my time to embrace their albums independent of which tracks were released as singles. I think all musicians have bands that they are compelled to listen to on a more regular basis than other bands. All that said, this is the John Deeth article.

Editor's Notes: 
  1. This is the first post with the "The Grateful Dead" tag.
  2. John Deeth's blog has existed since 12/17/2002, which is 13 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days (4986 days total). He has posted 6384 posts with an average of  0.781015037593985 posts a day. In contrast, this blog has existed for 8 years, 8 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days (3181 days). I have posted 3355 posts with an average of 0.9481371087928465 posts a day. In summary, John Deeth's blog has 3029 more posts than this one and has existed 4 years, 11 months, 1 week, and 2 days more than this one. None of this means anything except that I like statistics like this.

No comments: