Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

So, now, with 8 minutes until I need to go upstairs and get ready for our meeting, I can celebrate because I found the tax information and life is good. The den is still a pit - papers strewn everywhere and the two black boxes are full but there are more piles to be sorted and evaluated. I will probably tackle putting that stuff all away after the new "Desperate Housewives" episode tonight.

That fits into my grand plan for tonight. The TNA PPV is tonight and while I never buy pro wrestling PPVs, I know from watching Thursday's edition of TNA that Sting, Kevin Nash, Christian, Rhyno, and Matt Morgan are fighting Team 3-D, AJ Styles, Tomko, and someone else (I don't remember their 5th.) 

Editor's Note: Per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockdown_(2008), the "someone else" is James Storm. 

Also, in the other main event, Kurt Angle fights Somoa Joe with the stipulation that if Joe loses, he gives up wrestling, not just TNA wrestling, but the sport of pro wrestling. I don't see how they would allow that to happen so I'm predicting Joe wins. Otherwise, the bookers will have to come up with a slick way around to allow Joe to continue to wrestle without losing all basis in reality.

I'm spinning one of my Top 200-175 CDs now before going upstairs - Black Sabbath's "Paranoid." It's perfect timing, in a way, because I'm up to the instrumental "Rat Salad" and when this song is over, it'll be time to go upstairs. The funny thing about this release is that it was a fluke I ever bought the cassette years ago. I think it was in the bargain bin for $1.99. The original cassette I bought has no liner notes and no indication that it is a guy named Ozzy Osbourne singing, Bill Ward on drums, etc. It took many years before I actually understood that Ozzy was in Black Sabbath before he sang "Bark at the Moon." My exploration of Ozzy's BS days has never led me in very deep. I've dabbled with their other songs but Paranoid does every thing I need. The instrumental interlude before beginning "Fairies Wear Boots" features my favorite structure where the guitars play and then drop out allowing the drummer to do a fill. The riff of "Fairies" is cool too.

It's 3:01 and I am leaving.

Watch the PPV



Editor's Note: Here are the results for the TNA PPV on Sunday, April 13, 2008: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockdown_(2008)#Results

No comments: