Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My First Band Got a Shitty Review

I was going through some photo albums and I came across this letter that was published in the Mount Mercy College newspaper The Minstrel
|
Dear Editor,
The last issue of The Minstrel included a review of Standing Room Only, the talent show held during interim. As MC of the show and vice president of the Drama Club, I appreciate the recognition given to our first production of what will hopefully become an annual event. However, I was disappointed that your comments about the band Prophecy did not include reference to the one member who is a student here at MMC. Paul Hanson's talent was evident as he entertained us all on the drums; his energized solo received an enthusiastic response from the audience. I was sorry that this was seemingly overlooked in your article.
Thank you again for your critical comments. Hopefully, practice will make perfect, and the show will get better every year.
Desire Steigauf
|
I still get a kick out of that letter.
The review in question states this:
|
Prophesy was up next. I really don't have anything good to say about them, so I'll keep my comments to a minimum. The music was too loud. I couldn't distinguish what was being sung. That may have been for the better because the singer had a tough time at what he was trying to sing. Prophesy brings new meaning to the word "garage band."
|

No comments: