Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Best Rehearsal Ever

Last night, Uncle Rico rehearsed and, already knowing I won't have a lot of time to practice this week due to my busy life, I am excited about next Monday's rehearsal. I left rehearsal with a lot of energy. While we didn't play a lot of songs with fast tempos, we did rehearse for a solid 2. 5 hours. I would judge last night's rehearsal as the best we've had since I joined the band on January 22, 2014, and it was mainly because the vibe in the room was really good. I am hoping we can start looking into getting a gig in the near future - ideally, before the end of summer. Next week, we're going to start with set one, song one ("Ring of Fire") and just start going down the list.

As for last night, we went through these songs:
  1. Sweet Caroline
  2. Love Her Madly
  3. Rockin' Me
  4. Blister in the Sun
  5. I'm a Believer
  6. Two Princes
  7. Mony Mony
  8. I Saw Her Standing There
  9. Hey Jealousy
  10. Blitzkrieg Bop
  11. I Wanna Be Sedated
  12. Should I Stay or Go
  13. Brown Sugar
  14. Your Mama Don't Dance
  15. Lola
Then we went through a new song we're going to do called "Royals" and ironed out how that it going to work. We also decided to try a Stones tune called "Angie" next time as well as a REM song called "It's the End of the World As We Know It." Here's what those two songs sound like.





New Songs we're working on:





No comments: