Sunday, January 10, 2016

Ten and a Half Hours Down, Under One and a Half to Go

I think this is pretty sweet! The base version of my music files is located on an external hard drive called G. On G, I have a "foldered" directory and a "notfoldered" directory. Even though I have many duplicates hovering around like gnats in both of those directories, I kicked off a freeware called FileSynch before I went to bed last night to synch my G drive to my E drive (another external hard drive). Then, because I typically transport my G drive with me to and from work so I can listen to music (instead of carrying in a shoebox of CDs like I used to), I am going to kick off a synch job that will make my H drive (on the MyCloud drive) and the E drive in-synch. At that point, I will have three copies of my music files. The master will be on the G, a second copy on the E and a third copy on the H.

The synch job to put E and G in line has ran for this amount of time: 10:30:50 and there is 1 hour 15 minutes remaining, as shown below.

Update!!!!


Here are the results. There is not enough room on the E:\ drive so I need to free up some space. But not now - It's time to go to 11 AM Mass.


No comments: