Sunday, June 26, 2016

Energy

This was the first video I came across by the Washington, DC-based band called "Party Like It's." I hate the way the camera spotlights certain area - it's very annoying. What I did like - and what made me curious about their other tunes - is their energy. A band that plays on ANY stage should have some sort of energy that the audience can react to, whether it's the pure musicianship of the members or the way the members interact with each other ... there needs to be something to hook me, as an audience member, to the band.



Energy seems to be this band's VERY strong point. I was mesmerized by how much fun is being portrayed in the video below. They have a handful of videos released on their channel. The main reason for including the one below is that between this one, which is older, and the one above, they have a different drummer. That shouldn't happen - the drummer should never be replaced in a band [WINK, WINK] because the drummer is the foundation upon which the band is built. You can't just give a house a new basement, right?



No comments: