Thursday, May 19, 2022

My Ideal Drums

Warning: This is a longer than normal post 

This is my destiny drums.


I have a Google alert set up so that when "Ludwig Vistalite clear" is a match on "craigslist.org", I get an email. For years, I have patiently waited for my Ideal Drums to be located through this Google alert and while there have been matches in the past, they have all, for one reason or another, not been matches I have drooled over as much as the match that arrived in my Inbox on May 18, 2022 at 10:43 PM (last night after I had gone to bed).


1970’s Ludwig Vistalite 5-Piece Drumset - $1,800 (Iowa City)

$1,800 OBO - Feel free to make me an offer I can’t refuse!

This is a stunning, crack-free 1970’s Ludwig clear Vistalite “Big Beat” 5-piece drumset w/ matching snare drum. All shells are in great condition, no cracks, no rust on chrome, very slight wear - tape residue on bass drum.

As you can see from the pictures, these drums are clean, and have that great vistalite sound as well. All drums have original internal mufflers, and are fitted with remo pinstripe heads.

Please send me a message at (563) Five Seven Zero - 0641 with any questions or offers.

I will ship these drums, but I would prefer to meet in person - I would be willing to drive ~100 miles to meet in order to facilitate this sale.

Sale Includes:

- 5x14” Snare

- 8x12” Mounted Tom

- 9x13” Mounted Tom

- 16x16” Floor Tom

- 14x22” Bass Drum w/ Double Tom Mount

[snip]

posted: a day ago

updated: a day ago









But it's not going to be easy to justify spending $1,800 (or maybe a little under that) when I don't have any gigs lined up for my Ideal Band which would fund such a purchase.



I sent this message to the seller:


This is my Ideal drumset. I have a 24" bass, 13" mounted tom, and 2 x 16" floor toms. This will date me - my parents bought my set when I was in 8th grade, back in 1984 and it's been the only drumset I have ever owned!

I am monitoring the ad for sure. Son gets married next month and we're getting the bar bill so I need it to be less than $1000 before I can present it to my wife... right now, my set is stacked up under my basement steps because I have been playing my son's Yamaha DTX500 electronic set for the past few years.

Hope you sell it, even if it's not to me...


No comments: